Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Something different


One day, during the daily what's-for-dinner discussion, I was drawing a complete blank. I was so sick of my own cooking I couldn't stand it. Everything I cook tastes exactly the same, I thought.

Then I looked through one of my favorite cookbooks, 5 Spices, 50 Dishes by Ruta Kahate. This book is amazing in the way that it makes Indian food accessible for someone who would never be able to cook it intuitively, like me.

I had some ground lamb in the freezer, so when I paged through to the recipe for Lamb Meatballs in a Spicy Malabari Curry, I knew I had found my dish. I served this with brown basmati rice and Simple Cabbage Stir Fry from the same book. Incredible, and it was so good we didn't have any leftovers. Buy this book.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin. I'm the part-time publicist (and full-time husband) of the author of 5 Spices 50 dishes, Ruta Kahate. If you would be so kind as to write a short review of her cookbook on Amazon, that would be terrific. Thanks! Neville

    ReplyDelete