Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cocktail Hour


Lest you think that all we do is eat, I wanted to be honest and say that sometimes, we also drink. Here is our favorite drink. It's a great drink - so good that we even drink it when it's very cold out.


There's a soft drink made with lemonade and unsweetened iced tea which is named after a very famous retired professional golfer. We have named this cocktail consisting of vodka, lemonade and unsweetened iced tea after a current professional golfer, who is probably better known for his off-the-course exploits.


I make my tea using Trader Joe's Irish Breakfast Tea. It makes a good strong, cleanly flavored iced tea, which is my favorite. And, it's about $3 for 80 tea bags. I'm not here to hawk someone else's products, but if I use something that I think is a quality product that's priced right, I may mention it occasionally.


We make these in a pint glass, not to use more vodka, but to have the optimal amount of mixer. What good is a drink if it tastes too strong to drink it?


3 ounces Vodka (doesn't have to be super-premium, but don't use the real cheap crap)

5 ounces unsweetened iced tea

3 ounces lemonade (can be homemade of course, but I use Simply Lemonade)


Fill a pint glass with ice cubes. Add vodka, iced tea and lemonade. The above mix is my preferred proportion, Dan likes his with about 3 ounces tea and 5 ounces lemonade. Cheers!!






No comments:

Post a Comment