Friday, May 8, 2009

Homemade Cheese and Ravioli

I made homemade ricotta cheese. Not my invention, it was by way of Smitten Kitchen, http://smittenkitchen.com/2008/06/fresh-ricotta-and-red-onion-pizza/ who got it from Michael Chiarello, by way of the New York Times. I never said I was original.


It was easy, and it worked! And then we had to make ravioli. Which were amazing even though I totally cheated and used wonton skins instead of homemade pasta. I had an offer from a friend to teach me how to make homemade pasta (you know who you are - I want that pasta-making lesson one of these days!). I stuffed the ravioli with ricotta, thawed and squeezed frozen spinach, and chopped prosciutto. This is similar to a Giada recipe, http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/prosciutto-ravioli-recipe/index.html but I served them with marinara sauce instead.


I made extra and put them in the freezer. Let's hope they don't explode when I try to cook them!

No comments:

Post a Comment